Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rest...

On a different note,

I find myself coming out of a haze today... hehehe... being under the weather is never a fun thing, and for a guy like Me... even the down time can be considered as unproductive. But I find faith in the fact that we require rest. We need quiet time, down time, and alone time. It provides us time for reflection, decision making, contemplation, and time to receive. Jesus went out into the dessert for 40 days... a time for Him to prepare for the road ahead!
As I am also big on health and working out, I have learned rest is a major component in our daily lives. There was a day I refuted it, and denied the need for down time. I would work out daily for 1.5 hours, and never skip a day. I had to fill every waking moment with something! It wasn't til years of Not achieving my goals that I realized I was doing too much! How funny, the thought of Over working and Not meeting a goal! Very Ironic!
But this was very true... I needed to be wiser, more thought out, and not just running off my own energy. Once I slowed down, things began to be more clear, and decisions became more specific, and goals were then being met with less true energy being spent. WISDOM!! Thank You Jesus!! hehehe
We cannot achieve a goal with out knowing the plan... We cannot align ourselves with our destiny unless we're ok with listening to the creator!! Our bodies need time to rest, to heal, and to be replenished... as do our minds, hearts and souls! So, instead of letting myself get anxious over the un-productivity the last couple days, I will be Thankful for the rest!! And know, I probably needed it... ok ok, I DID need it!!

Be willing to stop and take some time to think... or just rest... we are not unbreakable, and we are typically not the best at running our lives in Reactionary mode!! Be Well!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment