Thursday, October 3, 2013

Creativity...

On a different note,

Close yours eyes, and try not to think of anything for a few seconds... allow your mind to clear... Then open up again and watch your mind jump into action, like watching a movie unfold before your eyes. I view creativity in a similar manner... the ability to let go, and let the emotions, the vibe, the energy, and the organic underlying sentiment flow. Sounds a lil bizarre I know, but it is one example of how to find that peaceful place of transparency. Whether spiritually or artistically, it is not always easy for some to get to the place of euphoria. To be honest, it is a place of vulnerability, thus fear can be a hurdle to get to this state of being.
Some people have an easier time transposing emotion to the outside world... whether through art, music, writing, speaking or just simply sharing. It is something which has to be cultivated... Like having Faith... Doesn't happen over night!
I can look back in my life, times when opening up wasn't so easy. But I also remember challenging myself to drop my wall of defensiveness, frustration, close minded-ness, and so on... By nature we all have walls... it is consciousness that will help us over come this! As in my walk with the Lord it took time to grow my Faith... to go through valleys in order to see His hand in my life. From an artistic perspective, think of the game Pictionary. I've seen people play the game, and when it's their turn to guess they wait to guess til the drawing is complete... in Brainstorming, it is suggested to free flow... let er rip! Guesses lead our brain to new guess, and connections, experiences throughout our lives begin to come forth... By closing off that path of openness, we are hindering the progression. It is similar in our creativity and our faith... We typically close it off right when it's about to be fruitful!
I implore you to be conscious of your fear... make the choice to be open, transparent with your self and allow Your creative side to be utilized in your everyday life. Allow your faith to flourish by putting down walls, and stepping out with sincere trust & belief!! We all have it in Us, it's our choice to leverage it!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment