Thursday, October 31, 2013

Costume idea...

On a different note,

I found it almost fitting to speak of attire on this day of Halloween! BOO! Hehehe... You see, we have the ability to put on a facade in life... We can be happy or sad, we can be uplifting or depressing, and we can be sacrificial or selfish! Let's be honest, we all have craziness brewing inside, but the reflection we have in the world around us carries weight!
I was speaking to my wife last night, thinking back to days past when I lived in a different place, and for sure was in a different place mentally, emotionally & spiritually. I told her how different of a person I was, almost hard to fathom. So, my social capital, my personal influence has been transformed. No longer do I seek the validation of others for my self worth, but look to provide Love to those around me. It is a daily choice I must make to begin the process of even being able to do as such. I am human, ergo I fall prey to emotions which affect my daily walk. So, If I do not choose to "put on a happy face", then realistically I won't!
Just like dressing in a costume, I must choose to do so. We must choose who we want to be... daily! Even hourly! We are faulty, carnal, and selfish by nature, so we definitely need to make the choice to go against that at times in order to be a positive, enriching,  and inspiring influence to our surroundings! It's funny, cause even as I write this part of me feels a lil like I'm promoting a sort of fake-ness. But that's not it at all... It is a realization of our selfish nature, and that for us to change our lives, our world, and our path we must make a conscious decision!
Think about how much effort goes in to choosing a Halloween costume, and the time, preparation and effort to pull off an incredible idea. You made a choice, well thought out, and had to put it into motion! Well, choosing a new path in life will start off by being an effort... but the more You choose to live a certain way, the more it becomes the norm. Shouldn't we choose and desire to be a positive influence in the world we live? Happy Halloween, I hope it is a fun day for all who participate.. and if You don't, that's great too! Enjoy life by choosing the kind of person You want to be! Allow God to lead and transform, and wake up each day with a purposeful mindset! Much Love!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment