Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Artist?

On a different note,

Today I find myself reminiscing over the thankfulness of having a voice. Of not only having the ability to sing, but the opportunity. As I travel down this road of music, for me it is Art. Whether by vocal interpretation or by writing and telling a story with my lyrics. I find it empowering, humbling and rewarding...
It's pretty funny, as I have never called myself a musician, or an artist, never mind a guitarist (I play some acoustic). But it seems as of late by launching my original work, that I have taken on that role and perspective. I guess because I am humbled so much by it, and I look at it as a blessing, that it takes on a different view from the inside. I feel the Lord brought me into music, he provides the words, the opportunities and such... thus, me taking on a title doesn't quite fit. It's an absolute honor for me to be creating and performing! And to have people gravitate to it, and be encouraged for & by it is amazing... Truly only reassures me that it isn't about me!
I empathize with the world we live, and for my fellow brothers & sisters in this society! It's like I crave for them to find an identity... to find the path, the gifts, their place in the body of Christ. Not just for salvation, but for the feeling of fulfillment and fruit. To find worth on a level higher than this crazy world we live! Life is easy to get lost in... we must choose to stop and reflect. In that reflection is where we can hear Him, feel Him, and allow His leading! Else, we're pushing forward through life waiting for the wknd!!
We All have gifts, we all have abilities, and we All have a voice! What does your life reflect? What do you infuse in the world you live?
I am thankful to be an artist, not because of the product but because of the message, the fruit, the affects that it can have in this place. I am thankful to have a voice, and the desire to be creative, and follow the leading of the Lord. He has a plan for me, which could end up not being music... either way, this journey is incredible and I cherish each second of it!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment