Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Identity...

On a different note,

I remember being very small, and watching my mother take out her sketch pad and create. She would draw the most amazing things, and she was always quick to share her Love of art. We'd get art supplies at Christmas,  and be encouraged to create during down times (Not watching TV...LOL). It didn't take long for my brother and I to begin expressing ourselves. Whether we were building a go-karts, cabins, drawing or coloring... We seemed to be expressing/creating quite often.
As we venture this life, much time is spent on defining and identifying who we truly are. Seems to be very hard for some people to even get to that point. As you've seen in my writing, I encourage people to begin Now if they haven't already. And to be Ok with stepping out side the box and taking a leap of faith. I also believe it takes time, and that it is something we'll have to seek out and cultivate. We can all look back at pictures of ourselves and say "Oh My, what was I thinking!"... Well, that is how we learn, grow, and prosper. The sad part are some never even try... as human being we easily fall into complacency and routine, which is not all bad. But if we are not pushing ourselves, and growing by choice we become stagnant. We must seek out the Lord, seek out our path, and discover who we are in Him!
My wife Joy had never picked up a paint brush until she was an adult and was willing to step forth and do something different. Something she knew she had inside her. Now she is an accomplished abstract artist, with many accolades in only a few years of painting. Incredible! Why? Cause she was willing to follow her heart, and try something... even if Art wasn't going to be Her thing, she made an effort! 10 years ago or so I made a choice, out of the blue to join a band... No experience, no training, just a desire! Since then I have invested in my craft to the place I am now. Two examples of people stepping out of the box, investing, putting effort and finding a path that was made for us all along!
You will never know your limits until you push them!! You will never know success until you challenge life! And You will never know fulfillment & Love unless YOU seek out the Lord for your sustenance!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment