Thursday, October 24, 2013

Punishment...

On a different note,

I have been reminded in the last day or two the weight of even the smallest decisions. The impact just the tiniest choice could make. Without Grace these decisions could be the ruin of Us, our relationships, and those lives of others. It is easy to stand back and assume how we'd handle it, but until You are put in any given situation it's not typically that easy. We are broken, faulty, & selfish by nature... it takes 24/7 focus to counteract this carnality. Which is seemingly an unrealistic task!
The Youtube confessor was sentenced today to 6.5 yrs for killing someone in a drunk driving accident. I've seen stories of people who have run red lights and took the lives of children. I myself was arrested for something I didn't do, but also did not make the best choice in the situation. Split second decisions, some with incredible ramifications. It seems to be society's way to want to take revenge, to refute, to embarrass, to cast out and squash these people. There is no Grace, Love, Forgiveness, Mercy or Understanding provided. There is a difference between punishment and retribution. Jesus was nailed to a cross for sharing the Good News of Salvation. Killed for speaking His heart on something that would be the Greatest gift ever given. We carry that same hatred and desire to hurt each other still today.
For me, the bad decisions I have made, there are many; have led me down the road of understanding Grace. My poor, selfish, & irresponsible decisions have hurt many people. I have seen the wreckage they've caused. We All have to live with our choices... but we all should try and take that into consideration before we bash others for their iniquities.
I've been to death row and saw the heart ache, pain, loneliness, and lowest level of human treatment. Yes, they deserve to be there, and Yes I deserve to reap what I sow, but I also had Grace and empathy in my heart... born of the Love of Christ who died for My sins! Instead of cursing me or judging me, He took the punishment for me that I might know True Love from our Father in Heaven. Again, I'm not saying we let people do as they wish with no repercussions... I'm saying we All make bad decisions, and we ALL should be trying to giving Grace to those around us. I will fail at this, but I know in my heart it is the right way for Us to live!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment