Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Practice makes perfect...

On a different note...

Good morning, and happy hump day! I pray this letter finds You healthy, happy and seeking out the positives this day has to bring! Each day are new challenges for sure, but it's also an opportunity to grow, prosper, and to add to an already growing list of interests. This about it... If You have been focused on learning how to play guitar, the today Your fingers are less sore, Your brain should be retaining chord structures better, and You are one step closer to achieving that goal! It's the same for all areas of your life!
I remember being an early believer, the weight of it! I remember feeling His spirit, and being "On Fire" as they say!! It was, and still is electric! But I also remember the struggles of learning, growing and getting to know My Lord. I felt Shame, Ashamed, Guilty, Regret, and so on! Only after years of continued seeking Him and learning His true ways did I begin to relinquish the negative stuff in my thoughts. Each day was a new day, a new opportunity to be filled with His spirit, to read a new passage, to step closer to HIS path for my life!!
I can look back over my music career thus far and be in awe at the opportunities, growth and even the challenges I persevered through. I know without a doubt God brought me to music, and have allowed me to take the bumpy road at times, only to return to His path for my life. I have been growing this craft for many years, and still growing today! Couple years ago, I couldn't hit the high notes on purpose it seemed. I would muscle/push through them... I so wanted to be able to use my falsetto, and to reach for those notes when needed. Well, I moved towards it... One day at a times... Got some feedback, looked up some lessons, allowed people around me to provide input on technique and then the hard part! One day at a time... Not to disway anyonoe, but it took years of daily practices (still doing them today) to achieve my goal.
Invest in You, be willing to set daily & weekly goals, and know in Your heart that things don't come typically over Night! My Spiritual walk was years in the making as well!! Lots of Up & Downs... BUT this is out Life, our struggle, and our Victories if we make the choice each day to continue the Journey!
There will be hurdles, there will be days You don't want to push forward, but look for strength spiritually from the one who offers it!! He waits on Us! I cannot promise wordly success, or that all goals will be achieved... but I can say the Journey will be worth it, and I hope You take the time to enjoy it!

Good Day & God Bless!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment