Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Co-Pilot...

On a different note,

We are raised to be strong, independent and self reliant!! Too bad that isn't a realistic approach to life! Although it is very helpful to to have the skill set, the unfortunate constraint is needing so much outside of our capabilities. I fought the world for years, only to be left feeling empty, lonely, and unfulfilled!
Actually, so many people I know that have knowingly gave their heart to the Lord, have done so after losing everything. I had someone ask "Is this normal?"... and once I thought about it, it probably is! Typically, for God to get our attention, he has to remove the shiny things in our life that WE take credit for. So, as we mature, grow and endure the trials of life, we tend to appreciate things... well, let me re-phrase... We tend to feel like we're lacking, and cling to the small victories we feel we can accomplish on our own. Once I realized I could Not do it by myself, there was a weight lifted... a sense of peace... I didn't have to carry the world any more!
Now, in growing my music career, I have also realized the need for those around me to be successful. I can only do so much on my own... opening doors, opportunities, support, direction, etc... a Village was not built in a day, or by one person! I realized fulfillment in finding an incredible partner/wife... She cares/loves me like no other has! I found fulfillment in my heart, and changed my view of the world when I found the Lord. And I find fulfillment in my music by sharing it with the world I reside!!
When we try to fly solo, we not only decrease our opportunities, but we also indirectly decide to enjoy life alone... We must let others in, we must let God provide for our lives, and we must be will to put our perceived control, selfish nature, and prideful ways aside only to see if blossom into an enriched life!

Get some co-pilots... let someone else drive sometimes... and hold someones hand, enjoy the view!!

Good day & God Bless!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment