Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Navigation...

On a different note,

Driving to work for me is typically an opportunity to be in quiet time with the Lord, but also an opportunity to regain & refocus each day to a more humbled place of allow God to lead. I am a fast paced, high energy, and typically impatient while driving depending on circumstances. So, to relinquish the emotional weight that comes with morning traffic is a huge test for me, and an opportunity to truly put perspective on the coming day. Because honestly, it doesn't matter... it doesn't equate to more than a few extra minutes... Of course, I am not naive to the frustration, anger, emotions, and reactions that my carnal self feels in this time. I have seen the Lord change my heart in this regard over the years... because of my willingness to trust Him, let Him guide, and not be so consumed over my personal thoughts, desires, and emotional fluctuation.
But today, and even bigger revelation became clear to me... Just like life, we tend to have a path, or a plan thus we are raised  to be self sufficient and go get it! This is the worldly way... if You see an opportunity, take it! But in choosing to walk in the path chosen and provided by the Lord, we are taught to follow... allow Him the opportunity to open & close doors, intercede and clarify the situation.
SO, as I was driving it became clear that I was always looking up ahead in traffic, seeing opportunities that I believed I could achieve. Thus, I was circumventing any leading of the Lord, and not allowing Him to actually be my co-pilot. If I focused on the vehicle in front of me, not down the road, it made it easier to not get emotionally connected to the future state I had no control over. It was a reminder for me, that I must focus on Him, allow Him to lead, and be conscious of my personal plan, desires, and vendettas.
Saying we want Him to lead is much different than actually allowing Him to intercede! We must daily make the choice to let Him be our focus, and to not allow our personal desire cloud our judgement, goals, or reactions. This doesn't mean we don't plan for the future, it means we seek Him to guidance and clarity... Every day... This will change our outlook, focus, and heart for our walk thru this crazy world!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment