Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Forgiving...

On a different note,

I know not everyone is created with the same desires, drive, and make up... but we are all created in the same image. Personalities, circumstances, and experiences build us into individuals, and life takes on a new perspective each day based on the path the Lord has created for us. We of course have free will, which helps dictate the journey ahead of us. For many years I carried the weight of being human, of being broken and Imperfect. Daily I felt the weight of my struggles, failures, bad decisions, and selfish choices. I remember the Lord drawing me in, showing me my need for Him, and showing me that the cracks in my cistern were to be filled by His love. It took me many years to allow forgiveness into my heart... meaning allowing God or anyone else to forgive me. The feeling of being unworthy, undeserving, and unfit to receive such love & grace. There is a level of humility that comes from knowing your short comings and them not being turned against You, but brushed aside in mercy.
Forgiveness is a gift, it probably sounds weird to hear it in that context. It is also not quite as easy to receive as it might be to give for some. We are human and constantly reminded of our failures, short comings and inefficiencies. For me, only by getting to know my Savior intimately was I able to see the Love provided to His people which allowed me the opportunity to let go of some harbored insecurities. The world reminds us we're imperfect, but the Lord reminds us He loves us anyway! Instead of being trampled by my sins, pride, and bad choices, I could move forward in forgiveness... and ask those in my life for their mercy.
We can choose to carry the weight of our failure or seek ways to be grow in the path of the Lord, and move past the worldly view of who we are. We can choose not to forgive those around us, but that also involves carrying the weight of our judgement. Forgiveness is a gift that we receive, thus it is also a gift that we can provide... for ourselves and others! We are all broken, faulty, and weak... thus putting expectations of perfection or righteousness would be a futile endeavor. Accept our failures, look for ways to grow in the reflection of the Lord by letting go of worldly comparisons, and receive His Love, Grace & Mercy!

We always have the choice... to seek Him, following Him, emulate Him, and receive Him! Stop letting the weight drag You down... He already paid that price!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment