Thursday, November 21, 2013

Artist at Work...

On a different note,

As an artist, one who desires to create and have others feel, receive and empathize with the passion and sentiment of the song, I carry a gratitude for those willing to share this journey. I realize the amount of artists out there, and that each of us has a certain type of music or style we might gravitate to. For me, it is an honor to have people choose to listen to my music... humbling, and some what surprising in all honesty. We are typically our own worst critics, thus it is harder to accept certain aspects of the larger picture.
It is quite interesting when You think about it, as an artist creates for themselves, or at least with a personal vision. Yet, the drive is to have people appreciate and comprehend the sentiment or be willing to engage enough to create their own opinion. Not saying all artists need people to appreciate, but it is a form of expression, which typically is a form of communication. There is definitely a level of transparency, intimacy, and vulnerability to be willing to put your creations on display. I personally have known artists who may never share their art... for fear of rejection, or weight of insecurities.
I wonder how often artists forget they are fans too! That if they didn't love art themselves, they wouldn't desire to do it... Interesting! It's that acknowledgement that should allow the appreciation of the ones those support, encourage, & engage! I often have to remind my wife that because she paints, and has displayed her art in galleries, that she is an artist... she is a painter! To me there is a level of sincerity & honesty in creating for the Love of art, expression and creation. For me, I so enjoy singing & writing music, that I am not overly caught up in whether my music makes money... I so enjoy the process and result of my creations, it fills me beyond measure. Knowing this is the path God has for me, this is the gift He has provided me... the ability to sing and create music... and maybe even having an affect on those who hear it! There is power in that, which comes with responsibility.
For me, as an artists, I recognize it as a platform, but also a reflection of who I am. Years ago, I might not of had the fortitude, strength or desire to create from the Love in my heart. Not sure I would of had the ability or drive to do so... but God had a plan... He has been growing this gift for 10 years in me... It is my honor to be able to share my gift with others!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment