Friday, November 15, 2013

My Legacy...

On a different note,

It's an interesting conundrum to be in for all us in contemplating our legacy. How will we be remembered, if we're remembered at all. I'm not even sure this is an important aspect for most... for me, it is the revelation and acknowledgement of living on purpose that leads me to ponder what I leave behind.
I think it is common for us all to think of our success and whether we have achieved it. Success or "making it" is a focal point for most, and I'm sure it weighs in the balance of how the world would perceive success. I have in recent years challenged myself not to compare against the worlds standards, but to what is truly important in this life. I know the Lord has changed my heart in that regard, as well as my desires in general. Prior I desired the Things in life, the titles, and the clout that came with it. My worth was based on the accumulation of worldly importance. Needless to say, this was fruitless, and led me into bondage, financial weight & troubles, and an empty life riddled with the fear of missing out and/or always seeking the next temporary "feel good".
One of the many signs God has shown me in life has been the understanding of priorities based on not temporal or worldly standard, but on the things which truly evoke change. Meaning, when I aligned my life to His path, His road map, and His goal in the beginning I saw a change... and I gained a fulfillment I'd never known. All of a sudden the things I'd accumulated we're gone, and I felt more relief then heartache. Didn't make sense in the world, but in the Lord it made perfect sense!
Once You know true love, a love that is unconditional, You cannot return to the empty, unfulfilled, and fruitless ways of self fulfillment. My personal goals, unless aligned with His; became frivolous and honestly lost all value. My personal successes seemed trivial and selfish... I'm not going to sit here and claim all my desires are Godly, but I will say My goal each day it to seek, follow, share the Love of my Savior! This is my dream... to live a life of lifting others, inspiring others and giving out as much love as I possibly can! The rest will pale in comparison!!
Live & Love with purpose... with drive... with desire... and let this be your reputation!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment