Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Founded...

On a different note,

For a guy who grew up moving quite often, it's such a blessing now to have a home... I have created roots where I am now, and it feels amazing! For most of my life, I have been willing, able and ready to go where ever I felt led. I will say that it took it's toll, and as the years rolled by it created a sense of emptiness & loneliness. What I didn't realize was it wasn't the physical moving that was the problem, it was the foundational aspect of my life. I wasn't grounded!
Whether it be our decisions, our relationships, or even building a tower, it all depends on the foundation. If You do not create a secure basis for your life, you will then fall prey to the ebb & flow of life... as I did... Which made me an emotional wreck! I don't need to preach to everyone in this regard, but We ALL must do our soul searching. To establish the basis for our lives and how things will be handled moving forward. My life, My faith is rooted in created an intimate relationship with God, thus now I can find peace, security in knowing He is in control. For so many years, I lived for me... Ergo, I am an emotional being thus being led by a "Feeling" versus truth. Wake up in a bad mood, You might quit your job, quit a relationship, or even worse. Being rooted allows for replenishment, enlightenment, and consistency.
If I am always ready to GO, then my decisions will be affected accordingly. I will not ever 100% commit, for fear of it keeping me in one place. My decisions will also not be repeatable or consistent as I am basing most of them off my emotional state... which we know changes like the wind! At that point we've become an emotional nomad!
We have been created to live a life on purpose, with purpose and for a purpose! Else we're lost and seeking the next temporary fulfillment. But if we find roots, and create committed relationships we are then part of a larger body. One of love, sharing, unity, and support! Our choices & decisions are no longer random, but are founded with understanding! My life is rooted in the Lord, my wife, and my family & friends!! I could reside in Florida or Siberia, but my foundation is established!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment