Friday, January 31, 2014

Whats Your brand?

On a different note,

From a business perspective, they often speak about Branding... about creating a commodity out of You and/or your business. By this, consumers will associate, attach and create connections to Your persona. If people have a hard time connecting to something, they will usually divert to something more pleasing or comfortable. So, since this aspect of business seems to be a fruitful endeavor... how about our personal life? Shouldn't we brand who we are?
I remember years back working with a few gentlemen who stood out... what they reflected to those around them, and what they represented to the world they lived. I not only desired to spend time with them, but I desired to be that type of person also. I associated, connected and desired to emulate their Brand. The interesting thing was that I didn't know right away exactly what it was, but I knew it was important and valuable!
Let's take my music for an example... My product, Original music... What type of product do I desire to make? What image do I choose to project? I defined my craft after the reflection of my heart... Love, Faith, Joy, etc... We must define who We are, and who we desire to be! We must create our Brand to the world we live. And some of these aspects might not be currently you best assets... but isn't life a journey?
I desired to be a man of God, someone of optimism, someone of worth, and who Loved others versus tearing them down... It was going to take some work!!
Is there a product out there that didn't require effort, focus, investment, sacrifice, or development? Maybe that's part of the problem in general... we do not want to recognize the need for daily focus & commitment to be the people we truly desire to be! Most things of value take work... So, choose your Brand wisely, cause it's gonna take some work!
We have a gift that never stops giving!! We have the opportunity each day to be who we desire to be! So, even if we failed yesterday, we still have a choice! What characteristics do you want others to say about you? Friendly, loving, forgiving, smart, sacrificial, great friend or listener? The point is, You have control over your life and how You reflect in the world you Live! You can invest or take away... It's your choice, and you can blame no one else! Create a Brand worthy of 5 stars! Worthy to be considered elite!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment