Monday, January 20, 2014

Short Term Memory...

On a different note,

There is something I remember from my football playing days that still holds true in all of our daily lives. If football, on any given play, someone has to win the battle. Both teams cannot win... So, it could be one small play, or a game, or even a season... there will be One winner standing at any given moment. So, as a player, you must grow the ability to move forward and not let the previous loss weigh you down. We must learn, grow and be willing to persevere... Life is full of disappointments, failures, losses, etc... So, if we constantly allow those to dictate our life, we'll never get to a place of confidence, Faith or even savor the Victories that come to Us!
Trust me when I say, I am typically not a Great loser... It has never been something I was ok with... But thankfully, the Lord has truly changed my heart in this regard. I am now able to step back, remove the emotions from the situation better than I ever have... It is a gift no words can describe. Life is hard for all of us... but the journey is different... it's why Love, Empathy, Compassion, Grace, and Mercy are so important! But for ourselves, we must learn to push through adversity!
We are emotional beings for sure, but if we allow the previous short comings to dictate our future, what type of focus, effort, expectations and hope will we have moving forward? Instead of focusing on a loss, we should be focused on what can we do better... or, You can't win them all... or, I think I could of put more focus & effort... These things are fruitful moving forward... The leveraging of these trying times to grow us into even better people!
To be honest, this message could be just as pertinent for moving past Victories as failures. The bottom line is, we need to have short term emotional memory. Emotions can cloud our judgement, lead us down wrong paths, and keep us from being productive, fruitful and focused for the next challenges in Life. Life does Not stop and wait for us, so we must be renewing our thoughts & focus continually!
I could not change this aspect of myself alone... but that is me... some of you might have an easier time with this. I had to learn Grace, learn that failure wasn't personal and take responsibility for my life... There aren't spiritual vendettas, we just have to be accountable for our life choices. Choose to not let the world weigh you down... Find strength, wisdom, understanding and power in living with Intent! NEXT!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment