Friday, January 24, 2014

Quiet Time...

On a different note,

For someone who has driven across country a handful of times, and seems to be continually driving throughout the majority of my life, I truly dread driving at times... especially in morning traffic. I have this innate sense of urgency that ends up making me feel anxious, pressured, and frustrated... Thankfully this aspect of who I am is slowly changing... I had to first get to a place of understanding, and then be willing & desire to change that part of my life. For someone like me, I know there is only one way for me to successfully remove or change undesirable characteristics of my life... I have to bring it to the Lord... might sound strange, but I could give YOU a list of things I thought I could conquer on my own, only to fail... I have learned that some things cannot only be accomplished through Faith, Trust, Sacrifice, Focus and Spiritual intercession. This is now a truth in my life...
So, how might one begin to address this anxiety of the morning commute... well, to be honest it was a simple solution... yet has taken years to see it morph, change, and grow me in this manner. Allow me to provide an example... Jesus went out into the dessert to escape the noise, hustle & bustle of the world and focus on hearing the Voice of God. This example holds true for us as well... We must remove our focus of the world and put our sights on the Provider continually. We must be willing to interject our faith into the areas of our life which need spiritual renewal!
So, for me... this morning traffic time was a perfect place to accomplish to tasks I so desperately needed. I leave my radio on a Christian contemporary station to allow a sense of worship & reverence... I spend the time Not focused on my worldly concerns, but in gratitude, supplication, and adoration... I use it as my quiet focus time to reconnect, and to restart my day with the One who truly is my foundation. This decision, this habit, this choice has ripples that flow through my daily life... Allows me to be grounded, it allows me the opportunity to not let my day start with negative feelings, and it provides the quiet focus time with my Savior which replenishes me spiritually!
Look for areas which you need intercession... find ways to incorporate quiet & focus time with the Lord into your daily rituals. Don't be like me, and allow the world to drive you crazy! But be driven to grow spiritually and allow for His intercession!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment