Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lessons...

On a different note,

It's funny as even as we get older, we still seem to forget the value of lessons... of course, unless we're talking about our kids or someone else...Hehehe... We can remember growing up and our parents correcting, guiding, and teaching us life lessons... but the value still seems to escape us. We feel the need to correct everyone else, but decline the accountability and correction in our own lives. I say this as I can internalize, self evaluate, and try to be transparent with myself. I know the times in my life that I made strides, matured, or gained wisdom... it came at times I was willing to admit the need for guidance!
Thankfully a lot of my life lessons came down from above... The Lord had A Lot of work to do in me! He allowed me to make choices, which of course were rooted in personal gratification and then led to trials, hurdles, failure, and emptiness... These trials of course at the time did not feel as though they were teaching me anything... anything but frustration!
We have free will, because other wise our faith would be insincere... We must choose guidance, intercession, and righteousness... We must desire to be better people, to progress in life, and to inspire others... It must be a choice! So, if we forget the value of lessons, how can we truly make the choice to allow for assistance or guidance? This carries in all areas of our life... not just spiritually.
I can look back at over 10 years in music... the major learning's that had to occur for me to be where I am now. I would Not be where I am without it... Learning how to sing with a band, learning guitar, learning how many beats in a measure, learning to warm up before singing, or the years of practicing singing with correct placement... Lessons... Hundreds of them... and I can look back and not only see them, but see the value, and comprehend the weight of what would of happened if my pride diverted me. I can see my walk with the Lord, and the MAJOR mis-steps, bad choices, selfish decisions and find solace in the fact that He never gave up on me! That I needed to choose Him, and that meant choosing His guidance and correction!
Growing is painful... Rubber bands show their value when stretched... We show our strength, our faith, and our worth when we persevere! Never stop allowing yourself the opportunity to grow, gain understanding or receive wisdom... You will not regret it!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment