Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Expectations...

On a different note,

One of our biggest challenges in life is coming to the understanding that Life happens even when we might have other expectations. I love the saying "Men Plan and God Laughs!"... Such a true statement! Whether it be a job interview, fun wknd plans, an important call, or like me... a song which was supposed to be released on a certain day, which Didn't happen! hehehe... Life happens, God has a plan which sometimes goes a different route than our expectations!
I gotta say, this one has been a tough road for me... God has really had to have some patience...LOL... I am probably not unlike anyone else, but being in control, methodical and planned out is something I pride myself on... So, it's something I had to learn... Life didn't ask me for my opinion, or at least not all the time! It's a revelation when you can truly understand, comprehend, and accept that there is a BIGGER picture than the one we plan!
When managing a business, a family, or just getting excited for a specific result, it is disheartening when it falls through. I think we can all agree to this... But for me, prior to truly understanding that God pad a path for me, it was defeating... I walked around thinking I was jinxed, bad luck or God was mad at me... When in general, It was my expectations and even my choices which were leading me down a road of fruitlessness. Personally, my drive is gonna get me most places... but after a while, that road narrows and ends abruptly! As God is going to let You do as You will, but He also has a plan if Your willing to follow it!
I think thats why they say the average person changes careers, homes, etc a certain number of times... We All have to get to that place of "Ah Ha!" in our own time!
Think of it like this... If I have a relationship with the Provider... the Creator... and I am willing to let Him lead... HE then owns it!! hehehe... Meaning, HE will be the one to carry the weight of it... I can relinquish the feelings of doubt, failure, or expectations!! Not sure if this is actually sinking in... but that would alleviate so much heartache in our lives!! It's something I still have to be conscious of for sure... It's been a long road, and still will be.. BUT I now Know this life doesn't hate me... It's understanding that OUR expectations do not equate to Fulfillment every time... or even the majority of the time... BUT, if I find the path laid out for ME, then it's one paved with Love, Support, Encouragement, Fulfillment, and Intercession!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment