Monday, March 24, 2014

Welcome Home...

On a different note,

Whether it's the prodigal son, whether it's vacation, or just coming back to get some rest... We All need to regroup and recoil back to our home! Our home... our place of  rest.. our place of focus.. and our place of fulfillment! This can be mentally, spiritually, physically and even figuratively! It is a place in our heart, it is a conscious choice of where we allow our walls to come down and seek an opportunity to be replenished!
For me, I have moved many times in my life, so I learned that my Home is no longer specific 4 walls... but a place I have chosen as my place of rest. I can remember living in studio apartments, but still desiring that solace when coming home from work or vacation. Couldn't wait to return to my place of comfort, constant and security. As I got older I began to realize that place had much less to do with the structure... it was a place that I held dear and kept the things important to me. That feeling was even more compounded when I began to enrich my spiritual foundation.
Once I was willing to give my life over to the One who created it, I relinquished the sense of ownership and responsibility to the physical things of this world. I realized that if my spirit, my heart and my sense of security were founded in something solid, dependable and consistent that my life would be much more stable. I am no longer tied to the things of this world, but thankful for the things I have been provided! It truly changes ones perspective... and allows us to find comfort not weight in our day to day lives!
My wife is also a gift I find solace in... and when our life gets crazy, we seek focus time to get re-grounded in our marriage. It is my home also! We are daily making decisions, we are daily having to chase life just to keep up, and a lot of times being reactive to the craziness that is Life!! We need to find rest, we need a stable foundation and we must make the choice to replenish our spiritual & physical supplies.
Doesn't it feel amazing to come home? To walk in to the arms of comfort, security, and familiarity? We need to find that place spiritually, physically & mentally/Emotionally! This will keep us grounded and focused on the things that are truly important! And if You can invest in that spiritual residency, it will allow you the freedom to find it at all times in any location!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment