Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's story...

On a different note,

The lore of St. Patrick stems from a boy kidnapped and brought to Ireland only to find the Lord during this time. As an adult, he became a priest to serve the Lord and converted many of the Irish people to Christianity. Of course we know the green came from the Shamrock, but what an interesting underlying story. That when one is Lost, they became found... that in the midst of heartache, they find fulfillment. I would venture to say, this is the story for most of us!
So, in theory... St. Patrick was at a place of desperation, loneliness, and probably feeling without options. He was in a strange land, taken by force, and realistically no clue as to how to get home. I can tell you, I felt this very same way when I found the Lord. For most of us, when we are strong, successful, or life is going well we tend to forget our blessings... we disregard the leading of the Lord cause "We got this!". Couple that with free will and you have a recipe for a disaster waiting to happen. Pride before the fall they say!
The Lord is always with us... waiting on Us... allowing us freedom to choose our own path. So, He waits.. til we fall... for some like me, over & over! Until we finally look up and seek Him, His Intercession, and His Love, Grace & Mercy! So, we are all similar to St. Patrick by way of getting to the end of our rope... realizing there is but once source, one answer and one solution! Whether someone is in jail, kidnapped, or just feeling the weight of this lonely world... the Lord is there and He provides fulfillment!
So, I applaud the celebration of this Journey... too bad most have never heard this story. As I believe it to be quite pertinent to the lot of us these days. We ALL will endure such trials, and hopefully we'll all end at the same conclusion! I was Lost, but now I am found!! I know it was my pride that kept me from finding the Lord sooner! I have Yet to look back and regret my path of Faith! I pray for those that are still lost, and enduring incredible trials... I pray they find clarity & enlightenment, and thus making a dark place bright!

Good day & God Bless... oh, and Happy St. Patty's day!
Ch

No comments:

Post a Comment