Friday, March 7, 2014

Quiet Place...

On a different note,

I am what You might call "High Strung" at times... ya know, Type A, Go Getter, & Crazed member of this society! I have been this way as long as I can remember... I apologize to my parents yet Again! When I read the word "Peace" I honestly go immediately to "Not war"... Meaning, not in the middle of strife, confrontation, or some type pf ordeal. The idea of rest, tranquility and such is a bit foreign to me... I haven't led much of a peaceful life! But I will say, that I am learning to find those quiet times... and that I have felt Peace in my heart, mind & body, I crave it!
As I grew spiritually, I began living by Faith... Trust... and you relinquish certain levels of control to the Lord versus carrying the weight of the word. So, the weight being lifted from my heart & mind truly made me feel a breath of fresh air... I found some peace!! It was very unorthodox for sure, and I think because of my Go Go life style, it was a welcome change. I'm sure that why it was much easier for to relinquish control of my life and "Let go and Let God"... Cause to be brutally honest, I was tired of carrying it!!
I think one of the hardest things for people to do is give up control or to let go... We gotta keep our stuff!! Yet, that is the very Stuff that is weighing us down! Letting go of the attachment to things of this world truly free's up valuable energy, focus and emotions (Worrying, Anxiety, Frustration). Then we might actually have the opportunity to find rest in our heart & minds!
For a few years now, the Lord has provided me a safe haven... a place where I can go, and find complete rest, comfort, and literally a place that I immediately let go. My wife Joy is a gift from God... a gift I cherish so very much! Am I deserved of such a gift, NO way! I am far from worthy, but It will keep me at a place of protecting it! Now, if I had not allowed the Lord to change my heart, If I had not relinquished certain things in my life, there is No way I would be able to appreciate my place of rest, never mind actually rest at all!
We all need rest... this world keeps us on the go, busy, mentally challenged... thus we have to find a place of solitude, a place to turn off and replenish our souls! It may seem foreign to some, like it did for me... but I promise you it will change your perspective, outlook and day to day living! The only way we can find peace is to let go and have faith! Doesn't mean you stop living, doesn't mean You stop making decisions... it means You are letting go of the weight of it! I seek the Lord daily, I ask for His guidance, I follow His lead... My decisions have Now become less weighted!! I have peace that He will lead me down the path He made just for me!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment