Thursday, March 6, 2014

Status Quo...

On a different note,

We all know the social pressures we all face... shoot, it starts back in grade school... all of us feeling the weight of fitting in, saying the right stuff, wearing the right clothes, etc... the list is honestly endless. Even in music, it becomes so easy to be average... meaning, people fall into a very comfortable, easy, duplicated, similar styles, instead of pushing through to new heights. As an individual, an artist, a father, a wife, and so on... We All must determine the path we follow. Are we going to follow the masses, or truly stop and make conscious choices on who we desire to be?
It's so easy to fit in... to play the game... to be "Status Quo"... The funny thing is, we grow, stretch, & challenge ourselves when we step outside this box. Conformity has it's place in society, but have you noticed it's those who cut new paths that are exceeding. As an example, Inventors... they are willing to try new things, to not totally rely on previous actions... Scientists, seeking answers, refining answers, and proving them in... We have to continually challenge ourselves Not to get too complacent... Not to be sheep or cattle following the herd. Even as a believer, my walk is different than those around me. I must take accountability for ME, my challenges, my issues, my choices, and seek out the ways to be decisive in my daily life!
For me, it's almost like I was God's test lab... I've been to many places, many situations, incredible heights, dark lows, etc... I have seen all walks, and I have failed at many things, enough to now have His words resonate in my heart & head. I was allowed to search this world for fulfillment... I was allowed to live for ME, and like the prodigal son I came back. It taught me to stop, slow down and listen to the spirit inside of us. To stop and make conscious choices, decisions and truly decide the path we are willing to take. As WE have to endure which ever route we choose to venture down. To look around this world, seeing the pain, suffering, loneliness, emptiness, fruitlessness, etc... it was an eye opener! I was Not happy living by the worlds standards! Not even remotely! Ergo, my choices began to change when my eyes were opened!
As a believer, I began to notice the contradiction in society versus what I knew in my heart. My desires changed, my choices changed, and ready... My Life Changed! I often challenge you to be aware, conscious, with intent, because we ALL get comfortable... But we cannot stay in this place for long! We lose purpose if we do... WE must take a stand, make a choice and live this life with intent.. as it was intended to be! God has a plan & a path... We must seek it out, so that means searching outside the 'Know" we already have! Not putting our life or God in a box!! Limiting the power of our success! You ready

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment