Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Midst of Crazy...

On a different note,

Well, this week has been crazy... the joy's of being a father, husband, full time employee, original song writer, and band front man... Oh yes! Now, this is something we juggle pretty good most of the time. But when things arise like Bikeweek Daytona 2014... that tends to throw a curve ball into the equation! I am so fortunate to be in an Great band, who gets to perform on the biggest stages at Bikeweek... being part of the action... being a Maestro to mayhem! (Not bad, just made that up!)!!
But these times require stability... spiritually, physically, emotionally... and relation-ally. To have the stamina to perform at a high level for 6 shows at 4 hours each takes preparation... eating right, working out, drinking water, etc... Spiritually, knowing that it's gonna be crazy, knowing it's gonna be hectic, and prepare for the busyness... And of course remembering it's a short time, that it will pass! These things allow for a more pleasant experience, versus getting caught up and realistically feeling the repercussions for long after the party stops!
For me, my marriage is such a significant aspect of who I am, that it must also be accounted for. I have an amazing, gracious, forgiving, flexible wife in Joy... but that last thing I want to do is take advantage of that! So, I am sure to communicate with her at all times, as well as allow her to be part of the festivities. I share life with her, and none of this would be anything without her! When I'm on stage singing to the masses, she still grabs my attention and I always find her in the crowd! Oh, how I love singing to her!
It's a sense of prioritization... Life should be run the same way, as best we can.  When we can acknowledge life is a journey, and there will be the valley's & mountain tops, it gives us a sense of perspective. Having the ability to focus and know where your foundation lies and what is truly important!
Wish me luck...hehehe... another wknd of shows is upon us! I am beyond thankful for these opportunities!! Lord give me strength and give me the opportunity to give You the Glory!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment