Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Extend & Apply...

On a different note,

I can remember being a young man at church... and certain things being said that struck me as odd. I guess at the time I was thinking more rationally versus spiritually. And you know how kids are, things tend to be literal. I would hear phrases or sentiments eluding to "Waiting on the Lord". And trust me when I say, we should be awaiting certain answers and seeking direction. But what I have also learned is, typically that also includes the evaluation and execution on our part. There will be quiet times of focus and replenishment, but in general life is happening whether we like it or not. And a lot of times, maybe it's just me, there are things that I probably should of been doing all along, or at least being conscious of... almost like we can just get off track. What I have learned is that the Lord is typically waiting on Us!
To get a job or promotion, we must "Apply" ourselves... To receive help we must "Extend" ourselves to others... and we also must "Step out" in Faith! Time is passing by, by the second, and we know these lives are only temporary. I believe we can still be progressing in life, refining our daily lives and seeking the Lord for clarity. Those around me have probably heard me speak of the Lord "Re-directing" us... meaning, I extend myself, I apply myself in something of worth and if He desires me else where then He will re-direct me! I must step out of the boat, making choices based on my relationship with Him, based on knowing His plan, based on knowing His goal of sharing LOVE with this world! Meaning, we align ourselves with the Lord, then we begin to emulate and see things through His eyes... previously all we saw was our personal objectives! So, if I extend myself in Love, with purpose & intent, then I am at least bringing worth, purpose, and fruit to my life.
We await His path, His leading, but like the disciples He said to "Go Out" and make fishers of Men... meaning, go out and Live a life of purpose... I will take care of You! "Pick Up Your Cross and Follow Me"... don't let circumstances keep you from a life of worth, don't let doubt and fear keep you from Your Purpose!
My goal is never to offend, or speak for the Lord, but to evoke thoughts and share some of the things the Lord puts on my heart! Life is wide open, many decisions to be made, and many we will probably screw up a little... We have already been given Grace! Get up, dust off, and move forward! The fact that we are seeking His will, His answer, and His path says we are already headed in the right direction! If needed He'll re-direct or move the mountains in front of us!! We just have to extend ourselves to accomplish our goals in this world!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment