Tuesday, March 4, 2014

On Bended Knee...

On a different note,

It's hard for most of us to be willing to show weakness or vulnerability as it goes against our nature to be overly submissive... at least in the public eye. The thought of relinquishing power or control makes most of us uncomfortable and some down right angry! Through out the Bible the analogy of being on our knees is prevalent... rightly so! Figuratively & Physically it is a sentiment we should all learn to be "Ok" with...
If you think about some examples by which we are "Ok" with being on our knees... One might get on one knee to propose, thus a symbol of submitting Our heart to the one we Love & Cherish. One might kneel down to be knighted, again a sign of Honor & Respect. And when we have hit rock bottom, we typically physically or emotionally fall to our knees. This of course is out of desperation, a place of brokenness and a desire to receive assistance. All these aspects are the same reason we should be comfortable in seeking the same things in our life!
I am willing to get on my knee's physically as a reflection and representation of my respect & adoration of the One who truly holds the key to my fulfillment and sustenance. I am also constantly getting on my knee's emotionally, internally being conscious of my Provider and that I must be the one to submit and seek out His intercession.
If I am not willing to submit to my Wife, how do I expect to love her, cherish her and lift her up above all the other women in my life? Being willing to submit means there is a level of trust, faith & belief in knowing you will be taken care of... an acknowledgement & representation of our willingness to put trust and hope in the hands of those who Love us!
The reality of the situation is that we are human and we have all been burned. So, to be willing to get on our knee's takes focus, effort and a conscious decision... Not an easy one! This is one of the most difficult hurdles for most in their spiritual walk and relationships. Submitting to a path of righteousness, submitting to the idea that life isn't "All about Me", and the submitting to our relationships thus creating a bond of Biblical proportions.
I've often told people that You don't need to get on your knee's in front of me, or a church, or anyone unless that is for you. But in our hearts, in our relationships, and inside of US I hope we can be willing to submit daily to the core aspects of our walk! Love, Grace, Faith, Intercession, Mercy, Forgiveness, and so on...

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment