Friday, December 20, 2013

Tis the Season...

On a different note,

Oh the joys of parenting... no seriously! hehehe... I am filled with Love & Joy today simply by seeing a smile on my sons face! There is something special about seeing the ones You love Happy! It's something I've expressed many times, I'm just not sure people truly comprehend! I make the statement "Giving is much more fulfilling than receiving" and I truly mean it!
I guess trying to express the thought of choosing to give over getting is something lost in translation, but hopefully the sentiment of seeing the ones we Love truly happy will carry some weight. Of course as a parent there is a special bond, vested interest in seeing our Children happy... I think it is something that has spiritual roots as well. It also seems like a hard concept to accept the Love of our creator... Hence we make it seem hoaky, fake, or neglect to dwell on it's impact. We are LOVED like children, we were created in Our Father's image... So He finds fulfillment in seeing us live worthy & fruitful lives! Just like we do with our children!!
Unfortunately society has us believing we need so much more from life... that we must attain and maintain a certain level of material things... Personally I used to feel the same, or could at least empathize with the sentiment. Thankfully in my spiritual Journey and growing relationship with my Savior My desires have changed. I would give up EVERYTHING I have for those I love... I'd do anything to see my Wife, Kids, or Family happy!!
It is something that only comes from a sincere enlightenment and choice to put our own selfish desires aside... trust me, I know it is not easy!! But when does anything of value not come with a personal price? Thus, we must seek out and find the things that bring true joy, fulfillment, and happiness... I am also not denying the initial feeling of receiving, but I speak to the long term and deep down reward to putting others first.. This time of year is a perfect example... the spirit of giving becomes infectious... Love, Selflessness, and Giving is everywhere... If this concept seem odd, then I challenge you to give it a shot!! Find that core happiness in the eyes of your Children... in your spouse... in your friends eyes!! I doubt any present under the tree could compare!!

Good Day & God Bless,
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment