Thursday, December 19, 2013

Small things...

On a different note,

This time of year it seems food becomes a huge part of our culture... I smell cookies, I see candy canes, and the infamous fruit cakes begin to breed! The sweet things in life, the little things that fill our hearts. Please tell me you can reminisce over the first taste of a delicious treat... Mmmm, that first taste resonates in your mouth and seem to touch the very tip of your fingers and toes. We can find such glory in an appreciation of food, in something truly of minimal value. I wonder what it is that allows for such fulfillment?
Do we think it is simply perspective that allows us such freedom, or possibly the expectation based on previous situations? Once we have tasted chocolate, or maybe a few times (like lab rats) we become conditioned to react to its sight. I find life is similar, and it can be quite useful to take advantage of this personality trait. Do we not get conditioned in other areas of our life? Maybe a better term outside of food would be "Habit"... Either way, we tend to be cyclical and routine in our lives... If that's the case, I wonder what other things we have been conditioned to respond to without even realizing it?
You've heard me speak of self awareness and self analysis, and the value and power that comes from understanding. I typically do not partake of sweets, but at times I am tempted because I might be hungry or in the wrong place at the right time. But, I have also learned my weaknesses in this regard, so I can avoid certain things to maintain awareness... I know I am not strong enough to say NO every time, so I must be conscious of those times and act accordingly.
Take the time to learn your triggers, your weak points, and reactions to certain circumstances and gain control over your life! This is not an easy road, but is one filled with wisdom, knowledge, power, and reward! When I began following the Lord, I then began seeing clearly... He shined a light on my path and in my heart, thus allowing me the opportunity to know the Real me! We are creatures of habit, so instead of falling prey, use it to your advantage to live a more controlled life. Sometimes the smallest things can carry the most weight!
Happy Holidays, and enjoy those treats! Many blessings!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment