Friday, December 27, 2013

Resolutions...

On a different note,

Well, the New Year is upon us... the Holiday season comes to a close and the new year begins... The anticipation fades, and the yearly Monday happens...Hehehe... We start over, and I think there is a period of time which we are a bit lost or hesitant. I'm sure this is how resolutions became... a way for people to focus, get on track with the new year and seek ways to make changes for the better. Maybe it's just me, but there is always a cloudy period in January, trying to set goals, paths and objectives. I'm sure growing up in the Northeast didn't help... everyone by January was OVER it being winter. As I've said about the Holiday season in general, it should be a year long sentiment... and as far as the new year, nothing has changed but the seasons. We are goal orientated people... so, New Years is a proverbial "Start Over"... which I find healthy in some aspects... I mean, let's be honest... Whatever it takes to spark some excitement, energy and accomplishment!!
What should we accomplish this year? What can we accomplish this year? and what will we realistically accomplish this year? How about this month? The things which will make us feel like we've actually reached a milestone typically take planning... We should have a running list of things to do... All year long! Home improvements, Vacations, Education, Spiritual growth, Family bonding, etc... Trust me, life is moving 1 second at a time regardless of our intentions!! So, WE must live on purpose to avoid getting into the lulls & complacency of this life!
Take your time... make a list of things You should, need and want to accomplish... there is a difference!! Prioritize them... write out steps needed to accomplish them... and make sure they are realistic & achievable! I'd personally love to climb Mount Everest or one of those... but right now in my life, that is not realistic! You see, if we don't set TRUE goals, we will feel defeated when "1. Fly Around the world!" doesn't happen!!

I pray daily for the Lord to lead & intercede in my life... and I also ask Him to direct me and My objectives! If I am not in line with the path He laid out for me, PLEASE redirect me! The is power in aligning your life with His plan! I ask this in truth, honesty, transparency! If I set goals only based on my personal desires, then I must carry it entirely! Boy, wouldn't it be nice to have some support from above?

Happy New Year, may Your goals & dreams be furthered this coming year! I pray for strength in trials, and LOVE in your hearts!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment