Monday, December 30, 2013

Language of the People...

On a different note,

Being a lyricist, words have taken on an entirely new importance to me... When I write, there is a message behind it, thus it requires more thought and specificity. Meaning, if I am writing a song, I need to make sure the sentiment is conveyed for the listener, else I might jeopardize the connection to my listener. And in that case, why bother?
Even in my Blog I must be sure of the context I am writing... I can't tell you how many times I write a phrase, only to delete it after re-reading it. Because as the the sender, it is my responsibility to make sure the receivers can comprehend the message. I see all to often people being frustrated in their communications, and maybe it's just our ability to communicate with certain people... like we're not on the same page. Trust me when I say, it is a skill set that warrants time, effort, and focus. Think about it, Good listeners are hard to find... that's not a dig on anyone, but a reflection of the focus it takes to be a good listener. I've noticed that people are either good at giving or receiving information in general... but being good at both is not quite so easy. My wife and I have spent many hours discussing our interaction, delivery and communication... We know that each must be willing to give & receive for it to be reciprocal dialogue.
I continually state to Live on Purpose, so this is one of the biggest areas we should focus on. Who are You, What do You believe, and how can You deliver it without offending, persecuting, condemning, or alienating everyone around You? Tell me that doesn't seem BIG!?!?! I have also learned Not everything needs to be shared... or maybe not at specific times... There is a military term called "Situational Awareness" which lends itself perfectly to this scenario. We as the senders need to be conscious of our surroundings, of the people we are engaging, and of the topics which are typically more black & white. Are we speaking in first person, are we pointing fingers, are we being destructive, or are we just sharing some Love!?
You have a Voice, thus it is your responsibility to own it and use it to Lift up others, encourage, speak life not destruction into the world we live. Take responsibility in making sure you are clear and empathetic, and be cognoscente of the receiver and their possible fragility. I am my brothers keeper!!
Communication is one of the key elements in our Life... It deserves focus & effort! We create intimacy, closeness, understanding and unity by being open, honest, clear, and precise in our dialogue! Speak LIFE, Live on purpose!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment