Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stay the Course...

On a different note,

Being part of this rat race that is the music industry is very challenging, defeating, and it gets very hard to wake up some days with the same fervor... never knowing the end result, not seeing a light at the end of a tunnel. I prefer to be transparent and be open in my struggles... I LOVE doing what I do, and find much fulfillment, sometimes the goal gets cloudy. This by no means is a negative reflection but one of vulnerability. For me, I honestly pray daily for the Lord to either provide strength, hope, & opportunity or to redirect my efforts! If my music is not in line with His plan for my life, I am more than willing to refocus my efforts!
Honestly, music will always be a part of my life... I truly LOVE singing and find such fulfillment in writing, but as far as my focus & plan on this earth... that is one I will leave to my Provider! Trust me, I'm sure it comes across as odd, or frivolous to most... But to have seen the Lord work on my behalf, it has cemented my faith, trust, belief and security in His leading. And in all honesty, He is the one who directed me into music in the first place!! He has used music to give me opportunity to serve, minister, share His love & His word with many! In all actuality... regardless of what I am doing, He will be my focus & reflection!
But the reality is... I am Human... I am faulty... so it is a daily struggle... or at least there are weeks that I am challenged to stay the course! Hours every day are required, financial investments, late nights, sacrifices and so on... I couldn't begin to add up the hours that I have invested in music over the last 12 years... BUT, this is the price I've paid to be at the level I am now. I do Not regret it... AT ALL! To be honest my Only struggle is making sure I am in Line with God's path for me... cause if I'm not, then I AM wasting time & money!
I'll say this, the Lord is Very good to me... He not only provides, but He goes out of His way to let me know I'm on course! Throws me a bone you could say... Puts a smile on my face!! I have no problem giving Him the credit & the Glory... about sharing His name... sharing His love! I am truly blessed beyond my wildest dreams... and this could be the very beginning! But either way, my life now is Incredible! Family, friends, job, home, etc... Music is the cherry on top!
I will continue down this road... investing & sacrificing, but also seeking the path that has been laid out for me! Thank YOU all for the Love & Support!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment