Friday, February 7, 2014

Grace Lessons...

On a different note,

Since we were teenager's we had the feeling of "Already Knowing" most answers to life's questions. As a manager & trainer at different points in life, I learned that anyone who thought they already knew the answer didn't have much room to grow. This life is a continuous learning, full of lessons, and trials by which we are tested, refined, and prospered in righteousness. Sanctification you might say! But the reality is, are we willing to be taught? Are we willing to be schooled, or stretched in order to be achieve a better "ME"?!?
What I have seen & learned myself is that for us to truly learn & value certain aspects of Love there must be some challenges. It's along the lines of "How can I learn to persevere if I haven't gone through times which I didn't think I could make it!". LOVE is literally in our DNA, we are born needing it. But as we mature and require New characteristics to be a more productive, loving, & empathetic member of society... things can get a lil more difficult. For us to be Graceful... for us to be Empathetic... for us to be sincere and compassionate to those around us, we must understand the value & worth of it! We must truly grasp the NEED for it before we'll ever incorporate it into our daily lives. I had to first acknowledge my deficiencies, my failures, my short comings, etc. to be able to recognize MY NEED for Grace, forgiveness, empathy, & compassion! I saw my issues, which of course led to guilt, shame, remorse... And in that dark time, My Lord was the first one to show me Love... for me to truly receive His understanding! I was not shunned, punished, and He was Not angry at me... He knew I was faulty by nature, I was sinful at birth... It was at that moment I understood what Love was, what Grace was, and the need for me to provide that for others!
If we go through life thinking we are a "Good" person, or that we already "Get it", then we have no room to grow... we have no room to prosper spiritually in Love! Trust me, I remember the feeling at first of accepting my indiscretions... my failures... my selfish ways... Looking in that mirror was absolutely defeating, and it broke me... It brought me to my knees! and now I know, that's exactly where I needed to be! On my knee's I could look up and find the solace we ALL need! I was forgiven, and shown Love when I didn't deserve it... Which is the definition of Grace! I give Grace because I was given Grace! We're all faulty & broken... So, None of us deserve it, but ALL of us Need it! Pass it on!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment