Friday, February 14, 2014

Day of Love...

On a different note,

Today... Valentines day... a day of Love... a day to reminisce, reflect, relive & soak up the feelings of adoration... I'm sure for many it's just about couples... but for me, I look at it as an opportunity to LOVE All those who are important in our lives. Cause for me... Everyday is an opportunity & responsibility to cherish My spouse & family!
I've written before about the power of Love, and it's infectious characteristics... So, why not use this day as just another opportunity to share the Love and inner feelings with those who are so vital to our existence. Not everyone is married, not every is in a relationship... but everyone has people which invest and affect their lives every day!
Similar to Christmas, I think because media side, worldly side, and marketing ploys it has taken the true intent out of the celebration. It isn't about candy, buying things, or flowers... it's about recognizing and being grateful for the Love others have infused in our day to day lives. Remembering that it is a choice to LOVE on purpose! It is a sacrifice to be selfless enough to support, encourage, inspire, and invest in someone else! I am beyond thankful for the amazing people in my life, and the Team I have behind my music. It keeps me going in those tough weeks... keeps me inspire, knowing they believe in Me! Knowing they see value, God's plan and are willing to go through the valley's in order to reach a mountain top!
I have a family who sacrifices knowingly... a wife who's selfless acts allow me to follow my dreams, and friends who are gracious to give me flexibility to accomplish my goals.. beyond words! Of course, it is my honor & responsibility to do the same for them! I LOVE inspiring, encouraging and investing in the people in my life... So, on a day such as this, this is exactly what I am celebrating!
Instead of glamorizing the downside of a materialistic holiday, why not seek out the plus side of it? Shouldn't we seek out every opportunity to cherish our people? To share LOVE with the world we live... We know the weight of being alone, or feeling hopeless... We just might be the one to change someones day, week, or life! Reflect the Lord, reflect Love, and You WILL get it in return 10 fold!!

Happy Valentine's Day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment