Monday, April 28, 2014

Come to Jesus Moment...

On a different note,

There is a typical scenario I think of when discussing being a believer or a non-believer. It's really just a simple example of our innate knowledge of who we are, who is our creator, and how certain things are breed into our DNA. I think most would agree we have a breed in knowledge of right & wrong... meaning, even prior to being taught everything as a child we tend to know when were doing something we aren't supposed to or for the wrong reason... Of course so people may not have it as strong... So, here's my scenario: We're all believers when we're hanging off the side of a cliff by our finger tips! Meaning, when put in a life or death situation, who do we call out to?
We probably aren't calling the Police, or our mothers in that moment. Realistically, we are looking for a miracle, a savior, and someone who has the ability to provide a divine intervention! There are more examples, but to me that one really does put it into perspective. As You know, I am not trying to force any one to believe, or "make them" address their spiritual foundation... but I definitely desire us all to keep perspective and hold ourselves accountable to our health & wellness. If Your spiritual world is in disarray, then for sure the rest of your world will probably be a following suit most often.
I've been asked why do I think most people wait til they hit bottom to seek out the Lord. I will say, I have first hand experience in that! And I am honestly Not surprised by this revelation. We are not only born knowing Right & Wrong, Knowing our creator, but we are born into this world selfish... prideful... carnal... So, as we live our lives for the big ole "ME ME ME", we are then unwilling to conform so easily to a selfless way of life. Makes absolute sense to me... Why would I want to give up my control... My fulfillment... and the "Do what I want" lifestyle unless I had to?
I stand before you a changed man, one who fought giving my life to the Lord for many years. But once I did, my life was changed drastically, and definitely for the better. Of course the first few years were hard... having to learn to put God first... and others second... went against my desires. But like most others, I did have my "Come to Jesus" moment! I had lost everything, and was then given no options but to call out to Him! and wouldn't ya know... THANKFULLY... He answered!
Don't feel bad or be concerned if You have a similar story... I will tell You "pride" is the last thing You'll need in your spiritual walk... We are ALL sinners, meaning we all have issues... NONE of us are perfect!! So, it's no contest, it's not about who's better or worse... it's about us ALL getting to a spiritual place of transparency & honesty!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment