Monday, April 7, 2014

Just a moment...

On a different note,

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending an event my wife was involved with built around art, music and giving back to the kids in our community. It was an incredible event... truly encouraging expression, hard work, giving back and unity. These events happen on different scales, but all with the same intent. Selflessness... I am always amazed at the willingness to lift others up at these events, from the host, the artist and even the sound guy. It allows people an opportunity to sacrifice, invest, and donate their time, talents & treasures, and imagine the impact it will have on the children involved. As parents we have the opportunity to provide those "ah Ha" moments with our children, possibly changing the course of their lives!
I remember being a boy first playing pee wee football, and it was way outside of the norm for me. Learning a new sport, having to practice, and having to be part of a team... sharing, one focus, one goal, unity... Like these kids yesterday, I'm sure not every day was glamorous or exciting... it is work to invest in something, even if it is something you Love to do. I remember football being a burden at times, questioning whether it was the right place for me. Or whether I truly wanted to commit to the hours & focus it required. And then it happened... one of those pivotal moments. It was 8th grade, coach Poulin used me as the example in front of the entire team. I wasn't very big, I probably wasn't the fastest at that point, but he said I had Heart! He said everyone on this team should be playing with this much heart & effort! That set the course for years to come... Like the youth that played classical piano at this event yesterday... on stage... ovations... from 5 to 12 yrs old... What a Joyous occasion!
Life is but a series of moments they say... some god, some not so good, but I find such gratitude in the little things... these mountain top moments, that truly can redirect, replenish, and rejuvenate! My wife, who until just a few years ago had never leveraged Her skill & gift, was not front and center... one of 11 piano's on that stage! Being congratulated by other artists, being adored by the crowd, and even having it being a center piece for a musical event that could change the course of a young persons life... So often we forget these moments... so often we forget the power of a split second... and so often we forget the power, weight, impact of a gesture!
I continually implore people to do things on purpose, to encourage, inspire & invest in others, why? For these reason... We can be the hand God uses to change the course of someones life. We can be God's catalyst to push someone else to the top of a Mountain... even if just for a moment! Just a moment!

p.s. So proud of My Wife, not sure she realizes the impact she has in the world around her!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment