Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Two of a Kind...

On a different note,

I find it interesting how so many people either refute, deny or discredit the idea of "Faith". Like it was so foreign and unorthodox it could never be accepted by human beings. So, let's just throw a thought out there and see if this might help clear up some of the understanding... Everyone in our life has free will, meaning their are only responsible for their own decisions & choices. Not that they can't be considerate of us or others around them, but in reality we cannot see nor control their actions. Example: You have a relationship with someone, and you trust Your significant other or Your spouse. When that person leaves your sight, You are absolutely relying on Faith & Trust in that person that they will be considerate, thoughtful, and FAITHful in regards to You and your relationship... right?
Soooo, maybe this thought of Faith is not all that foreign after all. It seems if society wants to discredit the foundation aspects of believers, but in reality they share the same ones in different context. My relationship with the Lord is based on Honor, Communication, Intimacy, Faith, Trust, Forgiveness, Sacrifice, Adoration, Respect, Love and more... the same as my marriage! So, am I that crazy for believing in a God that has shown me Love? That has provided me Grace, Mercy & Forgiveness? Do I see my wife's Love or do I feel it?
We have bought into the carnival that is society and the media. Meaning, we have been watching too much TV and feeding into the "get rich quick", or "Knight in shining Armor Romance" stories... a false representation of what Life really is. For most of us, this life we see on the Big screen isn't realistic, but we still seek it. Thus our perceptions change, our focus changes, our desires change, and so on. It becomes very easy to get caught up in the "ME" of Life... following our personal goals & desires versus putting others first. Material things are temporal and come with baggage. Can we all just agree it is our relationships that fulfill our lives! It is my Wife, My Kids, my Friends, My Family that bring me Joy... and it is for sure the Lord that provides for me in abundance! It isn't what car I drive, it isn't how big my house is, and it doesn't come when I am self serving!
I find more happiness in providing for my family, spending quality time with them... and sharing LOVE with all the people I come in contact with... THAT is everything for me! I am fortunate to do Music, and that is my platform for sharing LOVE with any & everyone! There are No words to describe the thankfulness I have in that... God knew Me, my value, my gifts and uses them to fulfill ME and those around me!
Maybe us believers are Not all that different! Maybe if we all sought to coexist we'd be able to share in the Love, Hope, Joy and Fulfillment!!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment