Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Signed At Last!

On a different note,

As You all know, I write about quality, investment and focus quite often. These are paramount aspects of success in all areas of your life. As many of you know, I have recently signed a deal with Spectra Records, the Top Independent Label in the World. WOW, what an honor!! They have an incredible artist/talent list that rivals many major organizations. It is an absolute honor to be part of this Amazing organization, and I look forward to working hard with and for them!

The reason I bring this up, is to shine a light on what realistically got me to this place. Depending on a persons Likes or Dis-Likes, we could take most famous artists and critique them harshly. Ok singer, average lyrics, and so on... Well, I would fall into this same boat! Meaning, there is Always going to be some one better, not saying we all aren't good enough to create music. The reason I bring this up is, if that is a known aspect of the Artist population, how do "I" set myself apart?

Quality and Hard Work typically are your differentiate-rs in this journey. There are producers out there to assist artist in development & inception. Example: I am NOT a producer, but I do have vision and the ability to write lyrics. I also have years IN music, teaching myself guitar & piano. That being said, I am NOT a producer!! So, my goal is to hire/work with the Best that fit into MY current situation! Another eye opener from a Quality perspective is the reality of bench marking your music. Who are You comparing it against? If You are thinking You want to get Signed, then You should be comparing against National Level Quality... Not local indie (Nothing against them)! Labels are thinking BIG picture... National & World Wide! Make sure Your Output/Product is Sell-able if You want to get signed, else keep making YOUR music & enjoying it!! Gotta Enjoy it!

The other side is the part most hate... the Business side! WORK! Hehehe! A LOT of work! This is YOUR business, so You better Own it! Everyday, Rise & Grind! But Not just busy work, but focused efforts! Are You finding opportunities, are You reaching fans, are you performing/crafting your style, and are You pushing the envelope to create a brand? Yo gotta ask yourself these questions! You gotta promote, sell, market, evaluate, analyze and Grow Your business! Takes a lot of looking in the mirror, transparency, and willingness to keep fighting when it seems hopeless!

Which brings me to my last aspect, but honestly for me... the Most pivotal! To Build anything, we need a solid foundation! For an artist, that means Faith, Family & Friends! I have Faith because it has been proven to Me! I pray daily about His path for my life, and that IF music is it I will work hard. But if it's Not, to re-direct my efforts! Now, It's not like I'm quitting music... It means, where is my focus? The Lord will provide you security, and be the one to open those doors No One could of seen! Trusting in His plan... Wasn't He the one who birthed Music in you to begin with? YES! Surround yourself with positive, like minded, supportive, loving, graceful, Honest people! They will inspire & encourage, and be truthful when You need feedback! We ALL need that!

There are so many aspects and things I had to learn on this journey. I have 12 years in music, and I mean working years! Managing, promoting, booking, networking, practicing, growing, etc... It takes time, but hard work, focus & Faith creates opportunity! I am blessed regardless of whether I "make it" and I AM making, performing, and earning with my music... I am thankful to be who & where I am! I trust the Lord has a plan for me, and as long as I give Him the Glory He can use it to better the lives of others!

BIG Thanks & Love to Spectra Records for having Faith in me, my product and my ability & willingness to work hard for the up coming album! I am Honored! Thanks to my Wife Joy who is my muse, my best friend and I could Not do it without her! My Friends & family who honestly inspire me daily by the Love they infuse in me! And Lord, this is Your path, I'm just walking it! THANK YOU! Thank You, please keep me focused on what is Important!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment