Monday, November 17, 2014

Find Your Voice...

On a different note,

There's something to be said for finding Your Voice. This can be viewed in various ways, all bearing weight and Impact within your life. We all have a voice, we all have influence and we all have an opportunity in this life to make a mark... we just have to choose it!
As a singer/songwriter, one of the most pivotal and challenging aspects of being an Original artist is finding your Voice... or finding your style. Who will I be as an artists? Rock, Country, Gospel, R&B, and so on... Am I gonna discuss relative topics, Love, personal views, having fun, or more deep and thought out topics? This part of an artist development can make or break their career. You can see the beginning of relative artists and the growth that transpired from their start to their now current style. And You can empathize with where they could of been versus where they are, just by the stylistic choices that were made. Choosing who You are going to be in the music world starts your path to success and productivity.
Which leads us to an even bigger aspect, which is personal development. Choosing who I AM in the world I live. You see we all have a Voice... the ability to influence those around us. And if given a platform (Art, Music, Leadership, Etc) we could have a large impact on the people we come in contact with... sometimes those we'll never meet. We are all conditioned to be opinionated, let's just lay that out in front. But choosing the projected influence a person has can be quite different. I can force an opinion, or stick to only MY views... or I can take a step back and be specific in my expressions. Similar to a singer/songwriter choosing their path, we all must make a decision on WHO we will be... which will have dire ramifications as far as the receiving of that Voice!
If we do Not choose our Voice wisely, we may never be heard! Or maybe Not heard by the ones that need to hear it! So many are inflexible and unwilling to change. This allows for no growth or development. And as I have spoken in many previous writings, there is a plan and a path laid out for us... IF we choose to seek, invest, sacrifice and follow! God has a plan... the Lord also laid out a road map... LOVE... Now I'm not saying You have to only write Love Songs, what I mean is choosing your influence... Positive or Adverse?
How you affect those around you with your influence and opinions... how You invest in the world around you with Love or hate? Anger or Grace? As an Artist, You can influence a generation, or you can spread angst for years to come. I am Not choosing your path for you, I am simply asking You make a conscious choice! Seek council... from your friends, family, producers, teachers, and find your spiritual foundation and stability... I can tell you 100% my success in life is based on my Faith and following the path the Lord created for me. I am still ME... but HE created ME! And as far as my style, I was willing to be honest, transparent, mold-able, teachable, and developed.
Find Your Voice and then You will have an Impact! Don't get caught up in being reactionary or a sheep to society! BE YOU on Purpose!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment