Monday, August 18, 2014

The Formula...

On a different note,

One of the first amazing things I realized when I started living my life by Faith was that I didn't have to be perfect. I'm sure to many that would seem quite contrary! For most of us, we live or have lived for extended periods of time with guilt or shame...a very heavy, destructive and defeating way to go through life. When You spend time with the Lord, you realize all He is looking for is Your heart, Your focus, and You Love! Perfection is Not in the cards my friends... None of Us will ever meet that frivolous expectation!
What I also noticed and know now in my heart, is that this relationship example is to be mirrored and echoed in All areas of our life. Putting our hearts into it, Investing out true Love, and giving it complete focus!! Does that seem so hard? Well, as human beings it is much harder than we might think... thus we must make the conscious choice daily!!
As artists, in whatever medium You choose, imagine if You just put half your heart into it. Or should I say, by expecting any level of success & achievement how could we do that without pouring our hearts into it? How many relationships have you witnessed fall apart due to the lack of effort of one person? You must choose where to put your heart and commit to it... Singers, artists, parents, spouses, workers, etc...We cannot be successful with out commitment & focus on the path we are choosing!
Once have a path laid out before us, a plan or objective to accomplish, we must keep our eyes on that goal! Just like when Peter stepped out of the boat and took His eyes off Jesus, things will sink if we do not maintain & refresh our focus daily! If My dreams are speared to thin, the intensity, energy, focus are shared thus weakening all of them. This is part of our life planning... Where do I wanna be? What am I trying to accomplish? Lord, what plans do You have for me? Don't let the world distract you, don't let 'Keeping up with the Jones'" keep you from your goals!!
LOVE... Love is the glue that binds us! Love is grace, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, patience, selflessness, and many more... it changes the world we live, it transforms our hearts, it will be the aspect that sets us apart! Love comes from personal reflection... what is in our hearts? When we seek perfection, that is a personal view, thus introspective, and self-serving. If we are focused on the ME, I, US, We of any situation, then our focus, our Love, and our Hearts are only seeking internally. If we continue to look only at ourselves, we will live a lonely & empty life... and this will keep us from focusing on the outward effort at hand in achieving our goals! We can spend energy on inward expectations, or put our efforts towards moving in the direction of the things we know to be important! You see, perfection is not achievable, thus not worth wasting energy in hopes of it... Focus on what is fruitful, put your heart into the areas that will be bring true fulfillment, and make sure LOVE is your biggest & best attribute! The formula is clear, repeatable, and proven!

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. "One of the first amazing things I realized when I started living my life by Faith was that I didn't have to be perfect."

    ReplyDelete