Monday, August 4, 2014

Life of Harmony...

On a different note,

In music we consider "Harmony" a simultaneous combination of tones. In life we consider it a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts. Balance... If we are always subject to the reactions of this world, or only seeking to fulfill our own personal desires; we then become off balance. Is your life Harmonious and in balance?
It is normal and healthy to set personal goals. But we must all be conscious of the world we live, our choices, and how balanced our life is. Look around and You can see many people who are only focused on a single path. In that, we are closing off opportunities in 80% of our lives. We are missing out on life, and we are shielding ourselves from growth, fulfillment, fruitfulness and possibly prosperity. I remember some one asking me when I was in full time ministry "What are of Ministry did I think God had for Me?"... this of course was an easy answer... None! At the time I was doing Worship, Preaching, Writing Devotionals, etc... My response was that any given day the Lord could use me in any context He desired... My only goal, was to be willing!
But, year prior to that, all I wanted to do was Worship... I was a singer, I wanted to sing! But this kept me from truly growing spiritually... Self serving, even if for a positive objective of singing for the Lord! Now as a singer/songwriter/performer I must also keep my life in balance. If my only goal was to be famous, my life would be very empty... It would hurt those around me, it would close off doors in my life, and it would probably be filled with years of frustration, loneliness, and doubt. We must seek to take back control of our day to day choices!
God, Family, Work, Health, Rest, Fun, etc... We ALL must stop and evaluate... and we must do that periodically. This allows for a more balanced life. Example: Being healthy in general is much more than working out. If You are not strict on your diet, If You are not consistent in the Gym, if You are not getting rest, if You are sacrificing for the better good of your body, you are going to have a hard time. Shoot, even with all those things, it's still an uphill battle... is it not the same for life? Evaluating our choices, seeing the ramifications, or how it will affect all those in our life?
Harmonies in music are very pleasing to the ear... it is pleasant, joyous, and perfectly equal... Don't you want the same results for your life?

Good day & God Bless,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment